Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Finds - Recipes

I love "roundups" - a variety of posts from around the web, showcasing favorites. So, on Friday's, I'll feature a few of my favorites, tried and true, for you to explore...

This week I'll start with a few recipes I've made lately that have been a sure hit around here.



My sons love to help me in the kitchen and a recipe {mostly} allows you to just "throw it in" is perfect. This recipe for Healthy Whole Grain Carrot Coconut Morning Glory Muffins from Ambitious Kitchen is so versatile, healthy, and delicious to boot. We mix up the ingredients here and there depending on what's in the cupboard. They freeze well, too!

For something a bit more hearty, try these Pork Carnitas from Recipe Tin Eats. It's a slow cooker recipe, so it's easy! I used a bit less salt than called for, per the comments. It was perfect as tacos, or quesadillas, or straight out of the pan.

One of our go-to meals for leftovers are these White Chicken Enchiladas from Joyful Momma's Kitchen. We use plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream and they still come out amazing.

These Coconut Lover's Oatmeal Cookies, from Barefeet in the Kitchen are super easy and SO good! I actually used only 1/4 C. organic sugar and added 1 tbls molasses. I also added flax meal. Make sure you pack them really tight so they don't fall apart. If they do, call it granola.

No comments:

Post a Comment